Fikret Sebilcioğlu, Managing Partner of Cerebra CPAs & Advisors, delivered a course on Business Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility course designed for an eight-week period module to the Executive MBA students at Özyeğin University during the 2019 term.
The course was designed to provide a framework of the relationship between ethics and business with a focus on ethical business practices and to identify, analyse, and resolve ethical issues in business decision making. While analysing ethical responsibilities of corporations and their executives, the impact on all stakeholders including the society is considered in a wider perspective. Corporate ethical responsibilities at a local and international scale have also been analysed.
The course syllabus consisted of these headings and learning objectives:
- The Importance of business ethics, stakeholder relationships, social responsibility, and corporate governance
- Ethical issues and the institutionalization of business ethics
- Ethical decision-making process
- Individual factors: Moral philosophies and values
- Organizational factors: The role of ethical culture and relationships
- Developing an effective ethics program
- Managing and controlling ethics programs
- Ethical leadership
- Sustainability: Ethical and Social Responsibility Dimensions